Having a few friends over, the usual suspects for this time of year and I am up super early making playlists. There was a time when these playlists would herald my lounge room rug being open for business and the dancing would go till dawn. Now, with the amount of small people amongst this group the songs are tamer, the night finishes earlier and the strongest substance being abused is sugar.
The tunes for a party are vital. I have proudly taken the DJ duties at all events with these peeps and I have gladly accepted their accolades. For Christmas I like to mix it up with some old, new and festive tunes thrown in just to remind the crew why we are drinking french champagne.
So my top ten tunes for today are:
- All I want for Christmas – Mariah Carey
- Finally Moving – Pretty Lights
- Shining Star- Earth, Wind and Fire
- You Send Me – Aretha Franklin
- Heavy Cross- Gossip
- The Fame – Lady Gaga
- Cherry Cherry – Neil Diamond
- Stomp – Brothers Johnston
- Santa Claus is Coming to Town- Ray Charles
- Rhythm of Love – Plain White T’s
The full list (3.4 hours) is on my Ping account if you have one. Go forth and take what inspires you.
Merry, merry lovers.