- The Burning House website. What would you take if your house was on fire? See others peoples precious possessions.
- A book swap party. Share your favorite books with your besties. (Somebody organise stat)
- This egg cup. So pretty 🙂
- A new George Clooney film that actually looks watchable after The American.
- Istanbul. This hotel. See you there.
- Roksanda Illinic clothes, a fave of Mrs. Obama. Gorgeous things.
- Sex trafficking. Read an article here if you can bear it. Sad but worth knowing about. Great journalism.
- Oprah’s farewell. Nicely summed up in this article.
- Mouldy roses in my garden from the humid summer #first world problems but still…
- Plum Sykes on chicklit. Darling, your books are called Bergdorf Blondes and Debutante Divorcees. Just sayin’.
Word of the weekend is Clinquant – pronounced- “clin-kant”. Meaning – glittering, tinsel-like. Try and use it if you can, you will look marvelously clever. See example below:
The room had a twelve-foot high ceiling: hanging from it, four dimly lit antique brass chandeliers cast a clinquant glow on this sunless day.
— Sally Koslow, The Late, Lamented Molly Marx: A Novel
Have a resplendent weekend lovers.